If you have created your own Google account, you will have the access to 15 GB of the free cloud storage through Google Drive. Google Drive has an iOS app in which you can also use to backup your contacts, calendar, pictures and other documents. It is in essence Google’s version of iCloud, but you will begin with 15 free GB and not 5.
How To Set Up And Use The Google Drive App In Your iPhone or iPad:
- Download the Google Drive App from the App Store in your device, click on it to open and you can sign in. In case you don’t have a Google account, you will need to create one by clicking on the “More options” menu on that same login page.
- After you have signed in, you will start seeing your files that are if you have already made use of Google Drive before. But if not, make use of the blue plus sign in at the bottom right to upload files from your camera roll or iCloud, or open new Google Docs, Sheets or Slides.
- If you have a file is in your Drive you have many accessible options available in the file’s menu that is located to the right of the name of the file. You can also choose to give other people access to the file by clicking “Add people,” send a copy, make a copy, open it in another app, move it to a folder, rename it, remove it or make it accessible offline so that you can still access it when you don’t have internet connection.
- Click on the menu to see more options on the main screen.
- If you want to backup your photos in bulk instead of uploading them one at a time, go to Settings; open Photos then click on the Google Photos folder, and toggle on Auto backup. you can then choose if you want “High quality” or “Original.” If you select the high quality, it will backup your pictures with reduced file size but with a great visual quality and you can save. Google Drive will begin back up your files as soon as you make your choice on what you want to backup, and after that,
- you will see the Google Photos folder in your My Drive main section.
- If you wish to backup Contacts or Calendar events, or backup your videos and photos all at once and not having them back up automatically, go to your Settings; click on Backup; choose the files you want to backup and click on the “Start Backup” button on the bottom right.
How To Scan Your Documents With Google Drive App
- Download and Install the Google Drive app from your Google store
- Tap on the “plus” button
- Click on “scan”
- Then you will need to Edit your scan. ( Repeat the process until have scanned all the pages you want and click on the checkmark to save the resulting document in your Google drive).